Thursday, January 22, 2009

My crazy-busy-super-fun-wonder-if -I'm-crazy life!

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been a while. I just can't keep up with everything. I'm at work, and pretty much brain dead, so I thought I'd do something that I wouldn't be tested on later. :) This semester is a hectic one, that's for sure. I love nursing school, but it is a lot harder than I ever imagined. For some reason I had it in my head that everything would slow down once I got in because c'mon, getting in is the hardest part! Boy, was I in for a surprise. I have never had so much homework and reading to do in my life. ha ha I am totally overwhelmed and often wonder, "Am I sure this is what I really want?" and then I'll have a moment with a patient, or a thought come to mind during class that touches me heart and reassures me nursing is what I am supposed to be doing with my life. I love it!
To help pay for school, I've been working at the hospital in the Women/Children's pool. Basically I work at all three Intermountain hospitals Pediatric and Maternity units in the valley: Utah Valley, Orem, and American Fork. I absolutely love it! It's the best job! I have time to do hw, I get to hold babies all day, I work with great nurses who show me all sorts of things that only help me in nursing school, and I get to serve people all day! What else could I want? Oh, and they pay for tuition. :) The catch is, however, that they will only pay for tuition if I work 24 hrs a week for a year. In order to meet this requirement, I had pick up night shifts. Now I work a night shift a week and a day shift a week. It's pretty crazy! Luckily I have a few hours to sleep after night shift before I'm up and running again to my next class! :)
So I am SO busy but life just couldn't be better. I am so blessed!

4 comments:

CarolAnn said...

wow! you are busy! sounds so very exciting! :) you need to check out my blog sometime! :)

Bree Anne said...

Yup, you're crazy, but I love you! You and I are gonna make it through this semester, and we're gonna get stellar grades doing it. Deal? :-)

Barb said...

We are very proud of you! Busy is good. If you weren't busy, you'd be bored, right? Thanks for fitting in phone calls and time with the family. I love you!

Tami said...

Hi, Kels! Just checking in to see if there is any new news at your house. I know you're a super busy student wife now...but you can't blame a girl for wishing for a new post, right?! Love you!! Merry Christmas!